發表於 2007-5-18 23:46 | 顯示全部樓層
這樣才能向公司報備小兔因公殉職
該換III了:P
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2007-5-19 02:17 | 顯示全部樓層
轉貼一下好了

April 28, 2007 -
Yep, you\'ve seen the picture and now as Paul Harvey says, \"The rest of the story...\"

I was shooting track yesterday, a mere six hours ago, when I tripped and tumbled forward with the Mark2 body above, mounted to the 500mm f4.5 still attached and on a monopod after hitting a rise created by rubber mats. I went down, in front of the main bleachers with hundreds of people watching, camera first. The main photo above is the result of the fall.

Image #2 in my gallery is the last frame that the camera recorded before meeting its untimely, unfortunate end.

The 500mm is fine except for a nick on the barrel where the monopod hit after it snapped in two. The camera body is definitely totaled. From looking at it, I would need a new mirror, new outer body, and everything stuffed neatly back into place.. The shutter is new a year ago with 30K actuations.

Should I send it in or hang it on the wall as a decorative piece?

April 29, 2007 -
Update - the lens survived the fall and still works like a champ. Actually, I think it is working better than it did the last time I put a 20D body on it....hmmm. Not a way I recommend on repair Canon L glass.

I added three new views (post-trauma) for those who are interested in seeing the aftermath in what 200 lbs of mass falling a distance of six feet, 90 degrees does.

The funny part, the camera still operates just fine. The heart, brain, and soul is all operating just fine. All the menu commands, the light meter, and the LCD review work just fine. So may be, may be Canon it isn\'t dead yet, but definitely on life support at the moment!

April 30, 2007 -
Just got off the phone with Joe at Canon Factory Service.

I told him my camera body was in need of repair. He gave me the standard we can\'t tell you over the phone line and that the techs need to see the camera.

I told him I fell with the camera. He proudly said there wasn\'t a camera that they couldn\'t fix and to send it in.

I asked if he had web access and gave him my SS page URL. He typed it in.

Next thing I heard was a long drawn out \"Wooow\" heavily laced with disbelief in what he was seeing on his monitor. I would have liked to have seen his face... LOL.

\"Now you see why I wanted to call first,\" I said.

Joe then said, \"Let me show one of my senior technical advisers,\" and put me on hold for about 15 seconds.

\"Sir, I\'m sorry, but I think its not going to be repairable. What happen?\"

I explained and we shared some laughs about it. I\'m sure as I\'m typing this update, everyone in his phone center is staring with wide-eye disbelief as well.

Since the repair estimate is free, I\'m going to send it in. It is worth $12 bucks to find out, right?

May 14, 2007 -
Just updated my favorite poster from my spring collection of senior sports posters as well as a couple from basketball earlier this spring. I figured out how to create some new text effects and a few new design techniques in PhotoImpact and had to put them to use for this series. See the link below if your are interested in see more of poster creations.

Also today!

Just got word from Canon. Too bad, sooooo sad. The Mark II is beyond economical repair. Looks like it will become part of unique wall hanging later this summer when I have time to build a shrine for it.

Bummer, I was looking forward to renaming the body to Steve Austin. Looks like the \"Terminated\" will be more appropriate :-)
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2007-5-19 02:29 | 顯示全部樓層
總之

他摔倒
單腳架斷了
鏡頭摔之後用起還比之前順手?![s:40]
機身.....選單 測光系統  螢幕都還在正常運作

他打電話去canon的技術服務中心
服務人員說沒有所謂修不好的相機
但是需要看一下狀況
主人就把他SS(SportsShooter)的這篇給他看
然後就從電話中聽到一聲  Woooooow....帶著不可思議的表情
等等等...
正個服務中心都在看他的相機

5/14得到的消息是說
機身修起來已經不符合經濟效益了
\"The Mark II is beyond economical repair\"
最後好像要收藏起來
作為紀念

至於接下來怎麼拍呢
用20D
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2007-5-19 02:34 | 顯示全部樓層
當初同事傳連結讓我看,就是要提醒我,要小心一點...

因為這兩樣(EF500 4.5+EOS-1DII)目前我都在使用中......
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|CanonFans

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 03:57 , Processed in 0.085385 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On.